Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
„Mediation as the Method of Binational Disputes Resolution”
Planned to take part on June 7, 2018, the conference will provide an excellent opportunity to exchange the experience and the knowledge related to out-of-court methods of binational disputes resolution with a particular emphasis on intercultural aspects. The conference will provide a forum for the discussion concerning the challenges of the outgrowing need for cross-border disputes resolutions in the EU, which result from intensified international contacts and the migration of the citizens of the EU member states related to ongoing European integration processes.
The main aims of the conference are:
- Discussion concerning the current legal situation related to cross-border conflict solving in the context of disputes between civil entities from Poland and Germany, with an emphasis on family and economy disputes.
- The description of the specificity of cross-border disputes and the presentation of mediation as their solving method, as an alternative to public courts and enabling the conflict parties to resolve it in a faster and a cheaper way.
- The emphasis on the specific character of binational conflicts and the analysis of the scale of cultural aspects , essential for the effective mediation procedure in cross-border conflict.
- The creation of international network of cooperation between different entities and institutions which deal with the issue of cross-border conflicts .
- The popularization of mediation as the out-of-court method of binational dispute resolution in the Polish-German border area.
The conclusions drawn at the conference will give a background for the development of cross-border centre of binational disputes resolution with the use of mediation and the group of specialists who have qualifications and factual knowledge for effective solving of intercultural conflicts.
Participation in the conference is free of charge. The languages of the conference will be Polish and German- lecturers’ presentations and plenary session discussion will be translated simultaneously.
The organizers do not provide accommodation, however there is a possibility to rent a room at the students’ campus in Słubice [Osiedle Studenckie UAM w Słubicach].
This project has been co-financed by: